Hello & Welcome. This site has now moved to http://thespanishwok.blogspot.com/ The Spanish Wok where all future posts will be housed.



This site however remains open for viewing only. Please come join me over at http://thespanishwok.blogspot.com/ The Spanish Wok where you will be very welcome. See you there, xx

For all your spanish food ingredients

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thai Chicken Red Curry

It's been a while since we had a thai curry and my husband requested a red chicken curry with thai jasmine rice. Those who know me are aware that I generally make my own curry pastes, but this Mae Ploy red curry paste is so good, reasonably priced and goes a long way, so it's really not worth the effort of making your own. I also have the green and yellow versions, although I am not really that keen on a green curry.

I usually add an aubergine to this curry, but did not have one and was too lazy to pop out and buy one.



Serves 2

1 skinless chicken breast (sliced or cubed)
1 small aubergine (cut into chunks)
200ml coconut milk
1 tbs red curry paste
2 tbs nam pla (fish sauce)
1 tbs palm sugar or caster sugar
juice of 1 lime (approx 1 tbs)
2-3 kaffir lime leaves

Pour 100ml of the coconut milk into a wok and stir in the red curry paste, bring to a boil and boil rapidly for a few minutes or until the sauce is reduced by half.

Add the chicken to the wok and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the chicken for 5 minutes, stirring now and again.

Stir in the fish sauce, sugar and aubergine and bring back to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.

Stir in the remaining cocount milk, lime juice and kaffir lime leaves. Heat through for another 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately with thai jasmine rice.

6 comments:

Kavey said...

I love Mae Ploy pastes!
My favourite two being the red curry and the massaman.
We do these often...
YUM!

Debs said...

Oh I do have the massamam too, I forgot about that one. I also have a paste for pad thai, but I actually prefer my own version of that one.

Anne said...

I normally get the red mae ploy one too, was recommended to me on a thai cookery course! Though I've found out the hard way a little goes a long way....!

Debs said...

Hi Anne, I found out the hard way too. But it is the best brand of paste I've found to date.

AsianSupper said...

I love red curry! I use palm sugar and fish sauce in my red curry too. I never thought of using kaffir lime leave in addition to the red curry paste - will definitely have to try it next time. Thanks!

Debs said...

You are welcome AsianSupper. Thank for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin